Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Fallow deer

7K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Bowhunter2022 
#1 ·
Those things are wierd looking.A good friend and coworker shot a fallow deer Friday morning. At his request I am not going to post pictures. It was a buck and looks like a little miniature elk. Where are these deer native to? We know where this one came from,a couple of years ago a guy down the road lost some of his "pets" and they have been seen roaming around the county but noone has shot one yet until now. Just wondered where these things are native to.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
DNR said yes. Since they are not a native species and it was not shot in a "pen" or any other type of captive area it is legal and did not have to tag it. I did not shot it but I sure would have given the chance.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Gotta watch out for those tree sloths. This same problem came up when that cougar got loose in clay county. The law is just hard to read and interpret sometimes. I think he did the right thing calling the DNR even if he was in the wrong. Most people probably would'nt even do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.