close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Farmers And Hunters Feeding The Hungry.

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by psychobubba, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Dear IBA Member,

I would like to take a moment and inform you of a very worthwhile cause. The
    following is information for the banquet AND bow shoot (we all like bow shoots)
    being held to raise funds for FARMERS AND HUNTERS FEEDING THE HUNGRY. This
    program not only feeds people in need, but also shows the public that us hunters
    care a lot about our communities. Please make plans to attend this very special
    event if possible. Thanks!

Jame Olson
    President
    Indiana Bowhunters Association

Banquet & Bow Shoot

Saturday September 16th2006
    Bow Shoot 7:30- 12:00 Banquet begins at 12:00

Fort Wayne Izacc Walton League
    17100 Griffin Road Huntertown, IN

(Take hwy 69 to exit #116 Dupont Rd go east 1.4 miles turn left on Tonkel Rd
    go 3.9 miles turn left on Vandolah Rd go 1 mile turn right onto auburn Rd , go
    .5 mile and turn left on Hollopeter Rd .4 mile to Griffin Rd)

Banquet provided by
    OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE
    (Filet tips and Chicken)

Bring the whole family
    ~ Door Prizes ~Raffles and Awards~

Bow Shoot
    Adults $10.00 Youth 12 and under free

Banquet
    Adults $16.00 8 and under eat free

Get Your Tickets here or contact Doug and Debra Treesh at 281-2311
    All Proceeds will provide Meat and Fresh produce for distribution through
    Community Harvest Food Bank

2. Sounds like a good and worth while deal and you can have fun too. WOW thats great bubba and thanks for the information

3. The Treesh's are friends of mine, and are very nice and just good people. I highly recommend that everyone check this thing out. Especially those that live in and around Ft. Wayne. They actually live just outside of Garrett. This is a very worthwhile cause everyone.

4. Do we scrap eating at Bills on the 16th and all meet up here? Sounds fun to me.

5. No, we go ahead and do both. Remember, Tucker is buying the evening meal. You should still be able to afford the daytime meal and bow shoot.

6. Both may be too much, I'm a busy guy.

7. DO NOT TAKE ME WRONG HERE, I AGREE WITH THE PROGRAM AND HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO IT IN THE PAST, HOWEVER, I THINK THE PROGRAM WOULD BE MUCH MORE A SUCCESS IF THE HUNTER( DONATOR) DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THE DEER PROCESS FEE.

I HAVE KNOWN MANY GUYS THAT WANTED TO HELP THE PROGRAM WITH A DONATION, BUT WHEN THEY FOUND OUT THAT THEY HAD TO PAY FOR THE PROCESSING, THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND AND KEPT THE MEAT FOR THEMSELVES.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THINGS HAVE CHANGED WITH THIS PROGRAM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. LIKE I SAID, DON`T MEAN TO BASH THE PROGRAM , JUST SUGGESTING THAT IF THE HUNTER DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PROCESSING, THEY WOULD GET ALOT MORE MEAT.

8. With FHFH you don't pay, just donate.

9. Brich, Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry is a donate only organization. You do NOT have to pay for the processing fee...only donate the venison. This is actually what this fundraising banquet is all about. Doug and Debbie Treesh started this last year outside of Garrett. They are very good folks who are trying to help needy people here in NE Indiana (and elsewhere). So far the network they have built covers DeKalb, Noble,Steuben, Whitley, Allen,Wells, Huntington, Adams, and LaGrange counties. They have 8 lockers who will be involved starting this coming deer season. The banquet is designed to raise money to help cover the costs of processing at various processing facilities in this 9 county area. The venison is then distributed to needy folks at various locations. FHFH will accept donations, but does not charge anyone for the processing of the deer that individuals donate. This is a win win situation for all involved.

If you would like any more info. for the fundraising shoot, or about FHFA in general, contact Debbie/Doug Treesh at 1-260-281-2311.

10. I'm going to look into that for sure. Nice post

11. THANKS DEAN, I AM CONFUSING THEM WITH ANOTHER ORGANIZATION THAT MADE ME PAY FOR THE PROCESSING A YEAR OR SO AGO. OTHER THAN THE TAX WRITE OFF, I DID NOT SEE MUCH BENIFIT TO THE HUNTER IN THAT CASE.

I HAVE VISITED THE FHFH WEBSITE AND NOW UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A DIFFERENT ORGANIZATION. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WITH THE PROCESSOR IN YOUR AREA, TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE TRULY A PARTICIPANT. THE LISTED PROCESSOR IN MY COUNTY DENIED BEING WITH THE PROGRAM. I NOTIFIYED FHFH AND THEY ARE TO REMOVE HIS NAME.

I THINK THAT IT IS A GOOD PROGRAM AND I HOPE THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO SECURE PROCESSORS IN ALL COUNTIES.

12. heading out now hope to see some of you there [​IMG]
    thanks Bubba

13. :bowdown: thanks again for all that turned out .It seemed to go verry good alot of people, good food nice course but I shot very bad lost one arrow,got new string and cable 20 pin was good didn't set my other pins was shooting high all day lol ::)did get drawn for some new arrows witch i needed [​IMG] 6 carbon express cx hunter 400[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2006
  14. It seemed like a pretty good turnout. The Outback catering was muy bien. Good seeing you yesterday Bubba.