Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite lures?

Here are mine:

Zoom Trick Worm..6" Watermelon flake rigged Wacky Worm...my favorite --Sometimes rigged Texas to get into the weeds.
Poor Boys Erie Darter--smoke...any flake...rigged on a 1/8 oz. jig
Senino---Poor boy or Yamamoto
Plow Jockey--any color
Rapalas--Jointed--Pearch and Gold colors...either trolled or twitched on top
Rebel Crawdads---tiny wees
Tube Jigs

Never had any luck with spinner baits, even though I have a ton of them.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I like to use mostly yum products like the dinger,vibra tubes,wolly hawg tails, and there big craws. For hard baits i throw bandit crank baits in all sizes,rat-l-traps, and pointers and rapala jerk baits in any thing from a clown pattern to perch but i think baby bass is my favorite.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
A white 3" curly tailed grub on a jighead.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rico said:
A white 3" curly tailed grub on a jighead.
That's my favorite lure in Canada for Walleye...tipped with a crawler or minnow

Do you have a lot of luck in Indiana with bass? If so, I'm going to give it a try here.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hey cc it works for everything for me. bass,crappie and when i step down a size or two bluegill and redear. the last time i went i even caught a bullhead on it.

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
A floating Rapala in black and gold is my go to lure.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I like a lead head jig with a twister tail. Cheap and you can fish for about anything. I've caught walleyes, smallmouth, largemouth, crappies, white bass, and pike. If they will hit on the surface a floating rapala flipped and splashed on top can be great fun.:)

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turpie said:
Scum frog in the pads and mat
I'm going to get me one of those...everyone's talking about them...I've been throwing a Zoom Horny Toad on a 5/0 hook. Haven't had much luck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i love to use anytopwater baits like a scum frog or a weedless frog with legs of even a king rat or pooper. It is the most exciting to see a bass break the surface and slam that bait. Topwater is the way to go.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ccavacini said:
I'm going to get me one of those...everyone's talking about them...I've been throwing a Zoom Horny Toad on a 5/0 hook. Haven't had much luck.
I have some of those Zoom Horny toads and i don't like them they don't float like the scum forg and they catch weeds to much. I would go with the scum frog.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i seem to always be able to catch them on the heddon torpedos.got a bunch of sizes and colors.madman plastics.buzz baits,and a assortment of spinners.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ditto to all who taut the effectiveness of the white 3" curly tail grub on a jighead. It's great for white bass, walleye, stripers, wipers, catfish and smallmouths. On a slow day you can find a rocky bank and catch warmouths with it. I also like a 4" deep diving Storm Thunder Stick, a J5 Rapala sinking shad, and lately I have had good luck with silver spoons. In short, I like all lures and most fishing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Praise be for the 3" twirly tail grub! But not just white, yellow seems pretty good, too. If i,m not using grubs, i'm casting spinners.:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Slowretrieve said:
Ditto to all who tout the effectiveness of the white 3" curly tail grub on a jighead. It's great for white bass, walleye, stripers, wipers, catfish and smallmouths. On a slow day you can find a rocky bank and catch warmouths with it. I also like a 4" deep diving Storm Thunder Stick, a J5 Rapala sinking shad, and lately I have had good luck with silver spoons. In short, I like all lures and most fishing.
tout

·
Registered
140 Posts
For wipers I prefer a chartreusse 3/8 oz. or larger Hyper Striper Stump Jumper with a 4 inch tail. It works for large white bass as well. This has nothing to do with anything, but I like this face: :yikes:

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Caddis dry fly, using groundhog hair for the wing material. Catch anything.
Hare's ear and stonefly nymphs are always a great choice too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts