Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
wow I honestly couldn't tell ya what my favorite moment was...
it seems like every time i went out i saw something that made it all worthwhile ...even if what i saw wasn't a deer.
as a rookie though I think I'm obligated to say that my favorite memory this year was taking my first deer.
She walked right in front of my stand at about 20 yards...she stopped to eat perfectly broadside...it was almost like somebody was directing her. I drew, released and it was almost slow motion from then on. I saw the contact and knew it was a good clean shot. She hopped, ran and finally fell about 35 yards away in the prairie grass. I wanted to call every single person in my phone but my hands were shaking too bad to dial any numbers. I'll never forget how excited Marsh, my wife and my father in law in were when they got the call. I've been consumed by hunting ever since. It seems like not even an hour has past since that I haven't thought about it.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.