close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite New Crank Bait???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Dean Weimer, Jun 13, 2007.

1. What is your favorite crank bait for either bass, walleyes, etc?

I have long been a fan of the Shad Rap for walleyes, etc. Prior to my trip to Minnesota I purchased 4 new Rapala Minnow Raps. I've got to be honest...I really love this new crank. It's a cross between the Shad Rap and the original floater. Actually it resembles the Reef Runner (kind of ironic, huh?;) ). I caught walleyes and pike on the Minnow Rap and was impressed with it's action. Just thought I'd give the crankbait fans the info. The walleyes actually tore the thing up last week. I'm anxious to try it out on bass here in Indiana.

2. I want to try the minnow rap. Glad to hear you had success with it.

I have never been a big crankbait guy, but I am quickly becoming a HUGE X-Rap fan...that is my favorite at this point...

[​IMG]

that is my color and size preference also...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2007

3. I still love the Mann's baby series. -1, -4, & -8.

4. [​IMG] The -4 and the -8 look the same, but dive!

5. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

RattleTrap Spinner
    [​IMG]

6. dont use cranks all that much but have had decent luck on poe's ,wood cranks

7. Hard to beat a plain and simple Rapala Floating minnow in a #9 or #11.

[​IMG]

8. I've caught fish on all kinds of crankbaits, Poes, Bagley's and some as much as $20 each for a custom hand made crank. But I still think you can't beat shad raps and Bandits for the money.

9. Big-O and Model A.

10. I'm going to look in Dew's Scooby Doo tackle box, everything he touches turns to gold. First a 13" crappie then a 29.5" walleye.............