Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the video for the Firestick ignition system on the Traditions muzzle loader.
To me it's a nice idea but you have to give up a lot in order to go that route. You have to give up the ability to fine tune the charge to fit your guns accuracy, you will have to give up the ability to try a different manufacturer's powder, you will have to buy from Federal at their prices(I hear is going to be $25 for ten shots) You will have to buy a new Traditions muzzleloader & teach yourself a new way of loading. That's quite a bit to rework a gun type that really didn't have that much problems with it.

But on the other hand what do you gain? You gain not having to measure powder, & not having a chance of it getting wet. You gain quicker/safer unload & reload in case you need to climb down from a stand or over a fence.
I don't have a problem with my powder getting wet because I put a piece of tape over the end of my barrel & to make my muzzleloader safe I remove the primer to climb out of my stand or over any fence.
You decide to me it is just more reinventing the wheel type of thing, for a system that wasn't broke to start with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well the rifle requires a 4473 form, the ATF says its not a muzzleloader, and the actual propellant hasn't been mentioned, but is HIGHLY expected to be smokeless.
Its another fine example of how the manufacturers have no clue what they're doing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Tradition's "Nitro Fire" Muzzle Loader purchase must include Form 4473 per the law. The ATF regards this muzzle loader a modern weapon, as it uses a closed breech system of firing. As for the use of pre-measured charges of Triple 8 powder it is a bit pricey for only 10 shots, and whats to say that these pre-charged containers would suddenly become unavailable due to lack of response or popularity. It would been much better if Traditions would have used a 2.5 - 3" brass shell where one could load his charge and reuse it by refilling the brass shell with a charge of choice of powder, fired by using a regular LR Magnum primer not a shotgun primer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got the new Nitrofire and love it! As stated its pretty much smokeless, not 100% but you are able to see what you have shot at immediately after pulling the trigger. The 10th bullet goes in as easy as the first with no cleaning, and I had no problem getting it deadnuts at 200 yds. Yea the loads are a little pricey, but you usually only take 1 shot on a deer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the new Nitrofire and love it! As stated its pretty much smokeless, not 100% but you are able to see what you have shot at immediately after pulling the trigger. The 10th bullet goes in as easy as the first with no cleaning, and I had no problem getting it deadnuts at 200 yds. Yea the loads are a little pricey, but you usually only take 1 shot on a deer.
THANKS FOR POSTING! I THOUGHT THIS MUZZLELOADING FORUM WAS COMPLETELY DEAD. It just amazes me that with Friendship being in Indiana and all the shooters from Indiana, that there isn't more discussion.

Good luck with your rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts