close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Appleman Report-

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by goggleye57, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Fished Appleman for the first time this year. Ice was pretty good. Fished from about 4:00 till dark and had 18 bluegills and 1 crappie. Bluegills weren't big but were big enough. Will probably go in the AM. Ice will still be OK. :)

2. sounds like i'll be heading to Appleman. Glad to hear you got into some more fish today.

3. I fished Appleman last year with my brother..... Is the ice really that safe? It's not down here.

4. Looked ok- it hadn't receded from the shoreline at all.

5. Ice is still ok this AM bite was slow - had 14 bluegills

6. I ice fished Appleman for the first time last year. Went right of the ramp, and only caught small gills, redears, and one small bass.

Noticed the majority of anglers went directly across the ramp to the far side where it's shallower water.

Does that lake produce any decent sized pan fish?

Glad you made it out on the ice. How thick was it?

7. dad and i got out on appleman about 1:00 and fished till dark. had 17 gills and 1 crappie. when we were leaving anouther guy gave us his 21. he had a few in there i would have put back but my buddy cleaned em. we kept fish from about 7 - 8 1/2 ".
    the crappie was 11 1/4". the ice is still a good 4" of clear hard ice.

8. I'd agree with ice dude on the size lots of 7 1/2 and 8 inch bluegills, some nicer red-ears and some big crappies. I have caught a couple that went 15 inches. I'm either going back to Appleman or up to Gilead lake North of Orland in Michigan. Drove up that way this evening and found the Branch County park. There were several guys fishing.