close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Fishable ICE

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by Hoosier_Steelheader, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Ok, this cool snap has me thinking about getting my ice gear out of the shed..

When do you all think we'll have our first fishable Ice?

Name the first lake you like to hit and the date you think you'll have fishable Ice::fish:

Chapman Lake / Dec 21st

2. Ah, yes...bring on the ice! The Marcum got pretty lonely last year. :( I'll be hitting my favorite little lake just across the line in MI on Dec. 11....cross your fingers!

3. November 27 :coco: - No not really :) December 19 - Eagle Lake channels

4. [​IMG]

bring it on sooner the better i say :bowdown: :coco: ice fisherman

5. The Sooner the better. Man, I can't even describe how bad I wan't to walk on water again. Last year, I was on 5inchs of clear ice on Dec.7th in LP county. I hope it stays a little longer than a few weeks this year though!

6. Bass Lake, December 10th, keeping my frozen nubs crossed.

7. Bass Lake? Drop a line, I could meet you there.

8. bass lake here too or golden :bowdown:

9. Feb.29th. In case you didn't know I hate ice. Big folks aren't good with the ice.

10. I am going with James Dec 11 th we will be on . Meet ya at the barrel James :fish: :fish: :fish:

11. With the temps down where they belong looks like James may be on track this year. I noticed a couple of youngsters on the edge of a farm pond Sunday on the way to South Bend. Maybe Dec 11th?

Getting the gear in order, and the underwater camera battery is charged and ready to go!

12. I'll be going with J.L. too........

13. I'm tellin' ya...if these temps hold until the weekend, which it looks like they will, we'll be on the ice up here before the 11th!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  14. 40 degrees here tomorrow, mid-40's all through the weekend here...no ice fishing here yet.