close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First M/L deer

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by cjones46, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Saturday morning I was hunting my father-in-laws Lagrange county property. I got outta the truck and stepped right into a 35 mph wind gust and decided since I was staying out all day I'd just hunt outta the lodge (nice pole barn with three bunks on one end, table and chairs, b&w tv, lights, heater...best place in the world to eat chili after a hunt). This lodge has windows on all 4 sides. I'm leaning on the middle bunk looking out the north window cozy and warm at about 8 AM when 3 does walked across my face on their way to the woods. Just like clock work she stopped to browse perfectly broadside directly in front of me. Boom, smoke and into the woods she goes. I crawl into the bunk and lay down for awhile. Found her about an hour later. There was very little blood (it wasn't a good shot, I hit her high and back but the bullet broke 3 ribs that punctured lung) I just happened to see her outta the corner of my eye. She was laying with two legs up in the air so all of her white belly was exposed otherwise I was have been looking for a very long time. I told you guys I was the luckiest rookie in the state!!! :coolgleam

2. Congratulations........Nothin' wrong with some good luck once in a while.

3. thats it jones...rep the 236...someone has to...once in while...huh..

4. Congrats cjones. I got my first M/L this year also. It is a great feeling.

5. Don't let Jones fool you, its not all luck...he knows what he's doing, and he has great support to do it...he's not just trouncing around as a rook, he's doing it right.

6. Congratulations on your doe!

7. Good deal, way to go. If you need someone to talk to in the lodge next year if me a call that would be nice to stay warm and drink coffee. HA!

8. Good job on the doe! Another Lagrange county deer! :)