close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish/Hunt with Time Change

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by 410, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Well now we are in the middle of August and it is cool in the morning and hot in the middle of the day and until dark which is around 10:00 thanks to Mitch. I love to get up in the morning early and fish and hunt when it is cool, Quail and I have been fishing in the hot of the day and evening and YES it has been hot. Just wanted to see how the gang feels about the time change now?:coco: Not bitching just asking.

2. Ah yes the inevitable time change subject. As far as I am concerned its somethign we will adapt too, but I also see it as the government officials forgetting who they were working for. I know of a town that has three different time zones in it because of the change. Winnamac IN is the most screwed up little town in the world right now. I think Mitch just wanted to put his stamp on another piece of legislature regardless of what the general public thought. Something like the toll road lease job he maneuvered dispite the overwhelming public disapproval of the move. We made how much on that major moves theory fo his?? Yeah our current accounts a big boost but what about when he is out of office what are we going to do for the next 70 years? Who takes care of those roads now do we still pay taxes for the maintenance of that stretch of road?? Its baffling just like trying to figure out what time im meeting someone someplace.

3. Winamac is really screwy with their time. I'm not sticking up for our man Mitch but I thought it was due to the Pulaski Co. Commissioners. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone know for sure?

4. Love the time change. I'm glad we went to it.

5. I'll have an extra hour after work to hunt during the week now. Won't have to rush around to get to the woods...that's a good thing.

6. James,

Me too, glad I'm not one of the poor guys to the west on the central time zone. When they fall back at the beginning of November they can kiss hunting after work good-bye. You and I will just fall back to where we used to be.

7. Oh no! I just opened another can of worms. The OBR is not increasing the age structure its the daylight savings time change. Rumor has it that the eastern half of the state is responsible for forcing this silly doctrine on the western half. Its not fair I tell you, it only affects the archer.......I mean westerners!:gaga:

And remember boys, the bucks are there, Ya just gotta hunt em! Watch out of the black bears, they are out there too.

8. I absolutely love the time change.

I am looking forward to October and being able to spend that extra hour in the woods in the evening after work. Also it will be nice to not have to get out of bed so early for the morning hunts and in Sept. for goose season.

The best part is I can actually get things done outside in the evenings after work.

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That's the way I'm looking at it....an extra hour after school to get ready and hunt. Also liked fishing later.

My problem is I'm an early riser.....and it's still dark. But, I like the time change...like to stay with Michigan all year.

10. The commissioners changed their minds on what they wanted i think. They ended up wanting to be on Eastern time but they were officially put on Central becuase it is what they requested earlier on. So they declared a "home rule" and have different times depending on where you are at in that town. At the government offices it is central time, but at the schools and hospital it is eastern.

11. Well Brad, I'm glad Indiana being on daylight savings time simplified things for the rest of the country and makes it easier for Indiana to do business like Mitch said it would. :bonk:

12. It sucks for me. We should be on central time!:hide:

13. Rico,

READ MY ABOVE POST!

If we were on central then the summer and October would be just like it always has been here. However November and December would give us 1 hour less daylight after work, not good for this cowboy who like to hunt after work.

14. Looking forward to a little extra time in the woods in the evening, but I must say this time change has really kicked my butt, with regards to my sleep. Wow, I have been slightly less than rested all summer long. I know a big contributor is the fact that I cannot get to bed at a decent hour, but I still have to get up at the same time. Urban season opens in just 25 days...

15. Amen, this time change has completely whipped my rear end this summer. Something in my head tells me I can't go to bed early because it is still light outside; therefore, I don't start getting tired until an hour after dark. The bad part for me is that I usually try to get to work around 5:30 in the morning. Not a lot of sleep, but oh well. Other than that, no quarrels about the time change!!