close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish trap

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by rico, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on the best way to make a fish trap?

2. Are you talking about catching batifish, Minnows, pinheads, etc?

3. No, eatable sized fish.

4. trapping fish is illlegal so it will only get you a fine and your gear confiscated.

5. From the fishing regulations guide:

"It is illegal to use the following devices to take fish from public waters: a weir, electric current, dynamite or other explosive, a firearm, a crossbow, hands alone, or any substance that may poison fish. Cast nets cannot be used to catch sport fish."

However, I'm sure Rico isn't referring to trapping fish in public waters anyway.

6. Rico, are you using small sized crappie for shooting practice? The clay targets aren't that expensive to trap shoot, but your method may fertilize the lawn better.
    PULL........SPLAT.

7. DIG A BIG HOLE FILL IT WITH WATER THROW THE FISH IN IT.:bonk:

8. Hoop nets or D nets are legal on the lower Wabash and lower White river with a commercial license.

[​IMG]

this is a hoop net, A D-net has d shaped hoops to rest tighter to the bottom.

:)

9. I had forgot I posted this. Dont worry about the legal ramifications, it has nothing to do with me. I am not an idiot. Private water fellas. No goggleye that is not what I have seen before. It is similar to a box trap. Rectangular but with one exception. On one end it has a conical entrance. Fish swim in and cant find their way out. I want one just to sample what species I have here. Hard to catch anything but crappie, but I know there are other fish. Been 25 years since I have seen one. My Grandpa and Great-Uncle passed away before they taught me the mechanics. But that was funny there "BIRDMAN"! I got a good chuckle out of that!

10. In Kentucky they used to "telephone" for fish. They would use an old crank telephone and shock them. How bout trying that? :)