close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishin at Brown County State Park?

Discussion in 'Indiana Fishing Reports' started by alhersch, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Subject pretty much sums it up. I'm camping w/ the inlaws if they make up there mind where they wanna go... Any fish in the creeks that run through Brown County? I know there are several lakes nearby, but I can't take my boat w/ me down as i'm draggin my fathers big ol camper, so stream fishin might have to do it for me.

Thanks,

Alan H

2. yellowwood

i think yellowood rents boats. good gills and fair bassing

3. The lakes in the park have decent bank fishing. Yellowood does rent boats.
    The state stocks the stream that feeds one at least one of the lakes in the park with trout...I think Strahl Lake. My brother caught a few this spring...wouldn't count on catching any at this point.
    A camping trip with the in-laws...good luck!

4. FireLt72

FireLt72 Staff Member Mod

Alan,

This time of the year I have gone to crooked creek at Monroe and bank fished. The lake is usually down some and the main creek channels are there. I would also look at the area around Story (just west of) and I believe it is Salt creek there. I have yet to fish that, but it looks good. As far as the parks, they have never produced for me.
    Eric

5. Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate it. Unfortuanatly we are going to Potato Creek now again, reservations have not been made yet, but i'm workin on them to get it done... So i'll probably take a trolling motor, battery and bat charger and try my luck up there.

Thanks,

Alan