close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing buddie fish finders?

Discussion in 'Indiana Fishing Reports' started by Fergie2u, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Anybody ever use one of these fishfinders(fishing buddie)? how does the side finding option work is it worth buying. All I want is the side finding option.

2. I've got an older model buddy, and the side finder option works ok. The only thing with the sidefinder mode is that it won't tell how deep the fish are that it marks, only distance from the boat.

3. I don't know anything about the one you are talking about but one of the best fish finders I have ever used is a crankbait.....

4. Good answer Tree...Always useful information!!;)

5. I don't have one of those, I have 2 hummingbirds on my boat.

6. Never used one. I have two Humminbirds, one of which is portable to take to back lakes.

7. Well a crankbait would be great but i'm not really into bass fishing. Just a panfishermen for the most part.

8. Have had one for 12 years & have up graded 2 times ,hardly ever use side finder mode mostly use for water temp & vertical fishing. Its great because it is portable & can be used for ice fishing also. GOOD :fish:

9. Just change crankbait for a yellow inline spinner (roostertail), will work great on panfish as well.

I had looked at the fishing buddies earlier, looked like nice little units to me.