close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing/Hunting Weather

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by 410, Oct 19, 2006.

1. OK gang who hunts and fishs in the weather we are having? Do you get it done in the rain or do you set at home and hope for the weather to get better? Some of the best fishing and hunting is in bad weather. When we had the wind a blowing and the snow flying a week or so ago I was setting in my stand YES the tree was just swinging away but I saw more deer that day than any other day I have hunted. Guys tell all of us some of the worse times that you have hunted and fished.:dizzy: :coco::fish:

2. Going deer hunting this evening, unless it is a down pour. That should tell you something. I love hunting when it is cold and drizzly. Just no down pour.

3. Sometimes the worse the better. Something just makes you want to get out there and hunt/fish when it's nasty out. You are right 410, I've had some of my best days hunting and fishing in the worst of weather. Many of the most unsuccessful days have been when the weather is really nice. I would love to be deer hunting right now...it's dark and cloudy and drizzling rain here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  4. rain doesn't hurt the deer. hunt in it long as you can stand it.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Just put my fishing boat up last weekend....this time of the year, the hormones change, and all I think about is hunting...and I've hunted birds in all types of weather.

6. My best two days of the season were on those two VERY windy days as well, 410. It takes some pretty horrible conditions to make me come inside!

7. What weather?

Slow day at work for me. I'm about to finish up early and head for the woods, looks like it could get a bit wet out there....just have to hunt when I have the time....like.....NOW.

8. I HUNT WHENEVER I CAN , I HAVE CLOTHS TO COVER ANY WEATHER CONDITION SO WEATHER DOESNT BOTHER ME ANY , WATERFOUL HUNTING IS ALWAYS THE BEST WHEN THE WEATHERS THE WORST, BEEN DUCK HUNTING WHEN WATER WAS WIDE OPEN GOING OUT AND HAVE TO BUST ICE TO GET BACK IN ,ITS ALL PART OF THE EXPERIENCE I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! IF RAINING HARD FOR DEER I JUST TAKE OUT THE GROUND BLIND NOW BEATS GETTING SOAKED, & STILL OUT THERE HUNTING, HUNTING & FISHING KEEPS ME SAIN (SOMEWHAT) , CANT GET UM IF YOU ARENT OUT THERE!!!!!!!:evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

9. Took off from work yesterday afternoon to hunt. Never saw a deer until the last few minutes of light. Had a Monster buck come out....well....monster in body size. I have no doubts he'd have weighed in well over 200 pounds, but sported a narrow 6 rack with rather tall points. Just couldn't bring myself to take a 6, knew there's no room on the DewM team for a buck scoring 11 points. It's early, there's better bucks out there...will try again after work on Sat.

10. Man the deer were moving last night in that cold over cast weather. I had 6 bucks cruise through, three were within bow range. None big, but still fun being around them. Saw one doe. I had one deer take off running after dark as I was climbing down from the stand.

Going out again tonight.

11. Sorry to say I didn't make it out this morning due to I had (YES HAD) to get some things done. Was coming home and I be DAMM if a great looking buck ran across the road in front of me. Time was 9:06AM.

12. Stop it Tuck, some of us working stiffs look up to you!

13. 10/20

Pretty warm out there, but slow at work. May have to give it another try tonight. I like those west winds!

14. Since I'm closer, I can stop by and check it out for you Quail!:evilsmile

15. I was out in the driving rain storm earlier this week. I saw a couple of does, but was unable to get close enough after the exited the standing corn. COLD AND WET, but I loved every minute of it.