close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Florida Fishing

Discussion in 'Indiana Big Lake Fishing' started by JMBfishing2008, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Im going to lake okeechobee over springbreak and i was wondering if anyone has ever been to lake okeechobee and what some good baits are there and some tips or good spots????????????:confused:

2. Went there about 5 years ago.Fish mainly the lilypads no certain area, did well on spinnerbaits and spoons and plastic mostly smaller bass.Strarted fishing shiner and caught some hogs. If you can try shiner fishing you wont be disappointed.

3. never been on ocochobee but i just heard the crappie fishing is dead down there while i was down there fishing kissimmee. i would also recomend shiner fishing to anyone who wants good excitement for bass.

4. BIg bass

Went there when tropical storm Mitch was happening a few years back. My wife & I used a guide called the HOG Hunter his name was Frank & he was well worth the money ! We caught many 4 & 5lb fish.Had agreat time & will go back !! Frank does have a web site ,Hoghunter.com . Wife hooked a big bass we were guessing went around 8lb ,but we did not get her landed. We also fished the everglades 1 day & that was the day the tropical storm hit, never have I fished in rain like this, frank could not believe my wife kept on fishing in the rain ,he felt bad about our luck with the weather & gave us an extra day on Ocochobee !!!:fish: :)

5. Hey iceman NEED A COOK? ha! Never been there but would like to go sometime. Wish you lots of luck and show us those big bass when you get back. Be safe and drive safe.