close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fly fisherman, i need help

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by Stouty Mick, Jul 27, 2006.

1. I am just getting started in the area. I was wondering if any one has any suggestions on types of flies or nymphs that are working this time of year?

2. Welcome to the site Mick

What are you fishing for, I guess would be the starting question.

If you're after gills and panfish, I'd stick with the basics.
    Dry flies like caddis and any mayfly imitations size 10 or smaller work great. Black ants, and the various floating foam "wannabe flies" with rubber legs...can't beat 'em, just don't let the purists see you use 'em!!

For wet flies, haresear nymphs in any color 8,10,12 and smaller. I have real good luck using a olive color marabou nymph for gills and crappie in a size 8.

For over all use, wooly buggers, wooly worms, a few streamers ( I like bright colors for these) will serve you well. Toss in a couple large floating deer hair bugs and cork poppers for a few bass and you're good to go!

Best of luck.

3. :yeahthat: I only throw small wooden poppers for bluegills.

4. Yes what both of them said. Good info gang. This is what makes this a great site.

5. Are you fishing Morse or Geist?

6. floating rubber spiders would be good in the early morning/late evening bite.

7. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Yeap, popper are a blast for the gills.

8. Guys

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will be heading over to Orvis this evening to get ready for the wekend.

Mick