close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fly Fishing Missesinewa

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by BrodyCarter2008, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Anybody here ever fly fished the Missesinewa river?

2. I have fished the white bass run in April with spinnerbaits. I bet they would hit a streamer fished in the river.

3. If I can't spell it...I ain't fishin' it. :biggrin:

4. I do not fly fish however I do alot of wading on the down side of the river from Peoria outlet to Peru. I quite often run into this older gent on some of the harder to reach spots along the river that fly fishes and some days he catches more and bigger smallies than me.The Mississenewa river is overlooked by alot of anglers for smallmouth.I tend to notice that more anglers fish for catfish atleast on the downside of the river.The only bad thing about fishing the down stream side of the river is you are totally at the mercy of the Rate of flow being released from the dam.You can tear them up on Saturday go back Sunday morning and if the tailwater has been raised even a couple of inches it is a whole new ballgame. I say give it a try you surely will figure a smallie pattern out sooner or later.