close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food Plot and Field Day

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by DaWG of Indpls, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Guys

The Indiana Branch of the Quality Deer Management Association is hosting its second annual Food Plot Seminar and Field Day on May 19, 2007. This years event is being held at the Stout Farm in Hagerstown, Indiana. The address for the Stout Farm is 5478 N. Brick Church Road, Hagerstown, IN

The events for the day are as follows:

9:30 - 10:00 Coffee and Donuts
    10:00 - 11:00 Bob Ducharme, Regional Director of the QDMA will speak
    about the what, why and how's of food plots.
    11:00 - 11:45 Jason Waterman, State Forester assigned to District 15,
    East Central Indiana will speak about tree plantings and
    timber management for wildlife.
    11:45 - 12:00 Tom James, Inventor of the Firminator will speak about
    warm season grasses and fawning areas.

Lunch is provided.

1:00 - 2:30 Field tours and planting demonstrations.

Directions to the Stout Farm

From Hagerstown, go west on SR 38 one mile to Brick Church Road, then south approx. 1/2 mile.

From New Castle, go east on SR 38 approx. 10 miles to Brick Church Road, then south approx. 1/2 mile.

The Stout Farm is on the west side of the road just before the Nettle Creek Brick Church

Hope to see a few of you there.

DaWG

2. Are wives welcome ? My wife was impressed with the agenda.

3. Qdma

Jack

Absolutely...bring Jean with you. There will be some other wives there I am sure.

DaWG

4. Dave,
    Thanks for the reply. We'll be there.

Jack

5. I can speak from personal experience that this food plot day is very informative. My friend, Tom James, is one of the most knowledgable people I've ever met on food plots, preparation, etc. He's a great guy who knows his stuff, and he's one hell of a deer hunter as well.

Dawg, I salute you my friend........keep it real buddy.

6. Is this open to the public or do you have to be a QDMA member? I am really getting into food plots and am trying to gather every piece of information I can. This sounds like a real neat event that I would like to participate in.

7. Food Plot day

J-Bird

This is open to the public. We would love to have you as a member, but if you don't want to join the organization you are still welcome to come and learn.

DaWG

8. What a great event. Besides learning much about food plots and trees among many other things, the food was outstanding and as much as you wanted. I gladly joined the Indiana Branch of the Quality Deer Management Association to partially pay back all that was acquired from the excellent speakers. Many thanks to the Stout's for their hospitality and use of their farm and facilities.
    Also a big "Thank You to DaWG" for making this great event known on this forum. Thanks again Dave.
    Broomhandle

9. Field Day

Jack

Thank you for the kind words about the day. You will quickly realize the magazine Quality Whitetails is alone worth the membership fee besides all of the other benefits.

I thought Saturday's event was very nice. I thought the presenters were very informative.

I look forward to next year's event and hope to see Jack and others there.

Dave

10. field day

Dave, sorry I missed the field day. Actually I was in Paoli utilizing one of Tom's 4' Furmintors. Impressive to say the least. He even reps for Mossyoak Biologic.....its one stop shopping!