close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food plots vs Corn & Bean fields

Discussion in 'Frontpage Polls' started by BREWERSVILLE OUTFITTERS, Jul 2, 2007.

Is hunting over a foodplot the same as hunting over a Bean or Corn field

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Do you think hunting over a food plot is the same as hunting over a Corn or Bean field???? yes/no.. vote

2. POT STIRRER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evilsmile:

3. Na...just trying to see how the crowd feels:grouphug:

4. Yes they are both a reliable food source and totally legal to hunt on or next to

5. Yes, hunting over a food plot or agricultural field is EXACTLY the same….the old nocturnal nightmare of a buck I’m after won’t come to either one!!!

6. I believe......

....that if you loot the neighbor's abandoned trailer at the Lake Trailer Park after they've been evicted that ......

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck!!!!!!!!!!!

7. My favorite is hunting over acorns (akerns is how they say is in the south). I will take that set up over any food plot, corn or beans.

8. My opion......

That's me also....let me set up under (not over) some oak Trees any day!!!!!! I don't think agricultural fields are exactly the same as food plots being the are planted for DIFFERENT reasons.I guess growing up around agricultural fields one has a hard time seeing them as food plots..... Food plots = Baiting... Iam on the Fence on that one.

9. My answer ... Yes but No ... No but Yes ...

Food plots = baiting ... NO

Food plots = manipulation of hunting areas ... YES

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We all manipulate our hunting areas in some way shape or form to work to our advantage. We all manipulate the tools we choose to use to hunt with to work to our advantage. Food plots are a manipulation of our hunting areas.

Here's a question and a real life scenario. I know a guy that has a couple 150 acre (roughly) chunks of ground. He does not farm them for agricultural purposes, he does not plant commercial food plot products. What he does to is plants strips of corn, strips of prairie grasses, strips of various trees, strips of beans, strips of oats, and strips of other agricultural based plants. He has also created man made ponds in key locations. He does this for several reasons. He creates habitat, he creates cover, he creates food sources, he creates water sources, he creates areas to hold deer and other game on his property. Oh and he hunts these areas too. Is this baiting? Is it a food plot(s)? Is it right or wrong? Is it fair chase?

Understand my point? Does it make it a food plot simply because you bought the bag of seed with a deer head on it, or are things such as corn, beans, and oats food plots when a farmer is not going to harvest them?

I still answer the original question ... yes but no ... no but yes.

10. I vote we impeach Jonesy as President and put Derek in office! :)

11. FOODPLOTS NO DOUBT ARE PLACED TO DRAW DEER TO A CENTRAL LOCATION WHERE THEY CAN BE SHOT. BUT THEY ALSO SERVE ANOTHER PURPOSE, THAT IS TO GIVE BETTER SUBSTINANCE TO THE HERD AS A WHOLE.

FOODPLOTS SERVE TO BENIFIT THE ENTIRE HERD. WHERE I HUNT THERE IS NOT ALOT OF AGRICULTURAL GROUND TO OFFER CORN OR BEANS. WHEN THE ACORNS ARE GONE, LEAVES ARE DOWN, FOOD SOURCES CAN BE SCARCE. THE FOODPLOT CAN HELP KEEP THE ENTIRE HERD HEALTHY DURING THESE TIMES. IF I TAKE ONE DEER OUT OF TEN, BUT BENIFIT THE OTHER NINE, I DO NOT THINK THAT I HAVE DONE ANYTHING IMMORAL, NOT TO MENTION THE OTHER CRITTERS THAT GET THE BENIFIT OF THE FOOD SOURCE. JUST MY .02.

12. I voted "no". Don't think crops are the same as a food plot. Not that it matters much to me, I can't think of any deer I've killed standing in a food plot or crops. I like to hunt the acorns or trails going to crop fields, it worked early season last year.

13. :evil: Everyone should know the answer by now. Good thread Brew!...and good comments by everyone else.

14. Hunting is bad...what did those deer ever do to you...

15. I'll hunt over anything that will grow on GOD'S green earth........... Beans = good, Corn = good, Acorns = really good, Chicken = tastes great.........