Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using heavier than normal broadheads/arrows? if so how heavy and do you feel they punch better for you? my total arrow weight is somewhere around 450gr now. i am happy with what they can do. chest to flank pass threw the other day. just wondering if another 50gr would make me even happier. lol you know, for when you hit more bone than planned. im all about penetration not speed. im a 40yrd and under guy for killing things with a bow.(of any kind)

watched dr Ashby's videos a few years back (if you havent you should) and been wanting to try some heavy 2 blade single bevel heads. be cool to be able to blow threw anything thats hit. barring the spine of course. in the name of more guaranteed and ethical kills. maybe im already pretty much peaked out enough for whitetails?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a few arrows that were called weight forward arrows, they shoot a little more accurately in wind. It sounds to me that if you shoot a heavier arrow it will be going slower so it wouldn't impact as hard.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a point of diminished returns i guesss. i dont think im getting there yet though. take a look at the elephant arrows. some over 1000gr! im not looking for long range trajectory. i want exit holes brotha. lol

check out ed ashbys scientific and real life test videos. there are several you can find from this one.
vid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts