close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fort Wayne

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by DAT, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Hi everyone. New to the Fort Wayne area and looking for a few good holes or streams.

Not particular, I like targeting gills, walleye, perch, bass or cats. Trout if I can.

Can anyone throw me a bone. Thanks.

DT

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Welcome, I'm from Ft. Wayne also. There are plenty of guys on this forum who can answer your questions. But, even though I haven't fished it, I guess the Hurshtown Reservoir, close to Ft. Wayne, has tremendous fishing. It allows only boats with trolling motors. I know it has good smallmouth populations and it may even have some walleyes.

3. The Hurshtown Reservoir is closed from October 1st until April 30th. Crappie and Walleye fishing can be pretty good when the reservoir opens in May. There are a ton of smallies in there but most are very small. I've had days where I've caught 30-40 smallmouth with nothing over 10 inches. Cedarville Reservoir has some pretty good crappie fishing in the spring and holds some decent channel cats as well. March through May can be productive below the dam by the Johnny Appleseed park for walleye and pike. Your not going to find much for trout anywhere around Ft. Wayne.

4. welcome!!!!dont exactly know which side of the fort you are on. not familiar with fishing in allen county but if you dont mind short drives this is what i would tell you...blue lake outside of churubusco has gill,redear, crappie, and perch...winona lake(there is a town called that,but most people just refer to it as warsaw) has some pretty good walleye fishing...tri-lakes just north of columbia city has all the pan fish as well as perch...and the dnr stocks trout in lake clare which is in the huntington city limits... there are plenty of lakes around your neck of the woods that are only a stones throw away...hoped this helped and tight lines to ya.....

5. Thanks for all the info guys. Will let you know how I make out.