close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found: Popeye Jigs!!!!!4-sale

Discussion in 'Indiana Fishing Reports' started by IN-4-OUTDOORS, Feb 5, 2006.

1. WENT TO CASTLETON SQUARE MALL (INDY) TODAY WITH MY DAUGHTER, WENT TO DICK'S SPORTING GOODS AND HANGING RIGHT THERE NEXT TO THE ARTIFICIAL BEE MOTHS(WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE) WERE ALL COLORS OF SIZE 0,1, AND 2 CABIN CREEK BAIT'S POPEYE JIGS!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU ALL CAN REST EASY TONIGHT!! THE COMPANY IS IN WINCHESTER KY. PHONE IS 859-744-6490 AND THE WEB SITE IS www.cabincreekco.com I CANT GO THERE TONIGHT, BUT IF YOU CHECK OUT THE SITE, LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!

DENNIS

2. (Forgive my ignorance) Are these good jigs or something? I never heard of them... They look nice, as does the whole website! I'm begining to get the itch...

Alan

3. Alhersh, This Is In Regards To Another Thread Where They Were Talking About Popeye Jigs But Had A Hard Time Locating Them, So I Posted All The Info I Could Find! Yes They Are A Very Good Jig, Just Tip Them With Bee-moth And Jig Em In The Brush! The Itch To Fish Is Worse Than Yawning, Once It Gets Started, Everyone Gets It! I've Had It For A Couple Of Weeks Now.

4. Popeye jigs

Seems these popeye jigs are a general style rather than a trademark. ' If you google up [spittin image popeye jig] you will get the popeye jig sold most everywhere along the banks of Reelfoot Lake . I've seen many forms but most are lead ballhead poured on a fly hook.
    Hope this helps a bit. Mike

5. I like those black eyed susans they make the hot pink tears them crappies up. I'll be ordering me a hundred or so.

6. That's the main jig they use down on Reelfoot Lake. That's where I first found them and used them. We caught good amounts of big bluegills on them tipped with beemoths.

7. Those "popeyes" Aren't The Real Thing They Are A Copy Of The Original Popeye That Is Made By A Guy In Clementsville, Ky. They Are Close But The Eye On The Head Is Different And They Dont Swim The Same. I Have Been Using The Original Popeye Jig Since I Started Fishing About 18 Years Ago And I Still Use The Same Ones Today, There Is No Other Pan Fish Lure Like It. I Always Tear Them Up With A Popeye And A Bee Moth. But I Can Tell You That Your Wanna Be "popeyes" Aren't Going To Be Around Too Much Longer Because The Guy I Know That Makes Them Has Started A Legal Action Against Cabin Creek Baits For Totally Ripping Off His Design And The Name Too. So If You Do Prefer The Wannabe "popeyes" You Better Stock Up On Them.

8. yea i think those black eyed susan are awesome for thos smallmoth bass