Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WENT TO CASTLETON SQUARE MALL (INDY) TODAY WITH MY DAUGHTER, WENT TO DICK'S SPORTING GOODS AND HANGING RIGHT THERE NEXT TO THE ARTIFICIAL BEE MOTHS(WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE) WERE ALL COLORS OF SIZE 0,1, AND 2 CABIN CREEK BAIT'S POPEYE JIGS!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU ALL CAN REST EASY TONIGHT!! THE COMPANY IS IN WINCHESTER KY. PHONE IS 859-744-6490 AND THE WEB SITE IS www.cabincreekco.com I CANT GO THERE TONIGHT, BUT IF YOU CHECK OUT THE SITE, LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!

DENNIS

·
Registered
525 Posts
(Forgive my ignorance) Are these good jigs or something? I never heard of them... They look nice, as does the whole website! I'm begining to get the itch...

Alan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alhersh, This Is In Regards To Another Thread Where They Were Talking About Popeye Jigs But Had A Hard Time Locating Them, So I Posted All The Info I Could Find! Yes They Are A Very Good Jig, Just Tip Them With Bee-moth And Jig Em In The Brush! The Itch To Fish Is Worse Than Yawning, Once It Gets Started, Everyone Gets It! I've Had It For A Couple Of Weeks Now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Popeye jigs

Seems these popeye jigs are a general style rather than a trademark. ' If you google up [spittin image popeye jig] you will get the popeye jig sold most everywhere along the banks of Reelfoot Lake . I've seen many forms but most are lead ballhead poured on a fly hook.
Hope this helps a bit. Mike

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
That's the main jig they use down on Reelfoot Lake. That's where I first found them and used them. We caught good amounts of big bluegills on them tipped with beemoths.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those "popeyes" Aren't The Real Thing They Are A Copy Of The Original Popeye That Is Made By A Guy In Clementsville, Ky. They Are Close But The Eye On The Head Is Different And They Dont Swim The Same. I Have Been Using The Original Popeye Jig Since I Started Fishing About 18 Years Ago And I Still Use The Same Ones Today, There Is No Other Pan Fish Lure Like It. I Always Tear Them Up With A Popeye And A Bee Moth. But I Can Tell You That Your Wanna Be "popeyes" Aren't Going To Be Around Too Much Longer Because The Guy I Know That Makes Them Has Started A Legal Action Against Cabin Creek Baits For Totally Ripping Off His Design And The Name Too. So If You Do Prefer The Wannabe "popeyes" You Better Stock Up On Them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts