close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

found some oysters

Discussion in 'Mushroom Hunting' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 21, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

Guy you may want to look around the woods you hunt due to the humidity oyster mushrooms are growing pretty good i found about 25 of them back in my woods they ar good.

2. Rachel Ray got nothin on us

OBK sounds like you know your mushrooms. Tell us how you cook those oysters?

3. Rowdy

Rowdy

Boil them with about 20 button buck nubbs and fawn straps, mmmmm mmmmm good.

4. They would be good sauteed in butter and olive oil and some salt on top of a good rare steak!:corkysm55 :)

5. can you post a pic of an oyster mushroom? don't guess i've ever heard of or seen one.

6. Hey Goggle, Do you have any pictures of these Erster MushrooMs??

7. pleurotus ostreatus - oyster mushroom - not hard to safely identify. Make sure you pick them off of wood - there is a simular looking non-edible that grows from the soil. Highly regarded in Japanese cooking. Need to be picked quite fresh - doesn't take long for little white worms to start burrowing around in them. Bon appetit !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. How good are they?

9. Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  10. Will they serve them with THE 32 OZ from Bill's??????;)

11. That's cool, I've seen them many times. I'm gonna go check it out soon. Do they taste anything like Morels, Puffballs, etc.??

12. I doubt it but it would be good without, or with the part you take home in the doggie bag.

They just have a real good mushroomy taste.

With the number of mosquitos we have around here right now I'd be afraid to go out into the woods to look for them - You'd need a blood transfusion to have the strength to eat them:)