close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FoxPro Temptation

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Jrbhunter, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Usually around this time guys are thinking of what they will do with their tax refunds. I am all caught up in the mix with some of my friends planning on spending this money, the only problem is... I won't be getting any refund. :banghead3

So, to ignore the obvious I am considering purchasing a new FoxPro digital predator call. This thing is sweet, I have been wanting one for a while now. I have heard great things about them... Cabelas is the only place I can find them in a hurry. You know I have to hurry.. it's tax time and all. :bash:

Anybody have any experience with a FoxPro? Anybody know how to write off coon bait as a tax deduction?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

FOXPRO® "16B" Digital Game Caller with Remote
    It's super-compact and delivers crystal-clear digital sound quality. The flawless recordings carry extreme distances thanks to its high-efficiency, high-volume speaker system. And the remote is redesigned for this year with an amazing 700-yard transmission range. External audio and speaker jacks give you the ability to add another speaker or plug in a portable cassette, MP3 or CD player. Remote gives you push-button command of 16 prerecorded calls - Buck Fight, Buck Grunt, Coyote Locator, Male Challenge, Coyote Female Invitation, Coyote Pup Distress #2, Red Fox Pup, Jackrabbit Distress, Rabbit Distress #1, Rodent Distress, Woodpecker Distress, Excited Hen Yelps, Raccoon Fight, Crow Fight, Dying Crow and Snow Geese #1. For low- and no-light use, it has glow-in-the-dark keypad and a backlit LCD. Aux button controls a decoy attached to the Foxpro. Calling unit measures 7"L x 5"H x 4", weighs just 20 oz., and operates 15-24 hours on optional rechargeable ni-mh batteries. Remote transmitter measures 2-5/8"W x 4-1/2"L x 1"D (antenna is 1-1/4"L) and operates on a standard 9-volt alkaline battery (not included).

Units also can be shipped back to FOXPRO for custom reprogramming - an incredible variety of sounds from which to choose ($20 plus $10 shipping and handling).

2. I feel your pain...

JRB,

I feel your pain. While I WILL be getting a refund (kids are good for SOMETHING!:rolleyes: )…seems I have more than a ‘little help’ in deciding how to spend it!!!:banghead3 Gee, tough decision…remodeling versus hunting stuff. Only problem, the ‘intangible’ costs should I go with the later.:yikes:

Anyway, I don’t personally have any experience with them except for coveting one myself!! Unfortunately, since you can’t use them in IN for turkey and now they’ve added deer, I have a hard time justifying one. The first time I actually got to see one in person was on a recent coyote hunt up in Switzerland Co. just a couple of weeks ago! It WAS pretty darned cool…EXTREMELY compact, sounded GREAT, and having the wireless remote was AWESOME…but for those prices it would almost have to come with a ‘well-built’, scantily clad blond to carry it around for me!!! :evil: :chillin:

One thing that the guy told me, if you get one get it with the 32 sounds right from the get-go. Also, you might try looking here: www.Gamecalls.net seems like they have some pretty decent prices.