close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Free Aerial & Topo Maps?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by DadOfFour, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Anyone know where I can find free aerial pics and topo maps of my hunting areas? I've found a few, but the resolution sucks on most of them.

Thanks!
    DOF

2. usgs web site i think it is terraserver or something like that.

and my favorite is google earth, you need high speed and have to download it but it is worth it. both are free. terraserver has topos and google earth does not.

3. Google earth has some image "issues" where I want.....its nothing but black dots, looks like there was junk on the negatives.

4. those are deer man...lol

5. I downloaded Google earth and got a good photo of where I hunt.

6. OK that google earth thing is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!:yikes:

Yep, doesn't take a lot to excite me these days.

7. a gis atlas for indiana

go to the interactive map and learn to use the layers. Has same 2003 green scale aerial as google earth, plus you can superimpose 10' contours on the aerials. Takes a little while to learn, but the best out there for Indiana for free.

Eric

8. Eric-
    Where do I find this? Do you have a link?

DOF

9. yeah, eric i have to see this..sounds awesome!

10. Indianainfo.net www.indianainfo.net does have lots of the states topo maps (mostly lake maps) that are printable and free. I'm not sure if thats what your looking for, but just maybe

11. I just downloaded google earth. That is awesome. Got great views of all outlying areas.