close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

frog gigging

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by DBurris, Jul 17, 2006.

1. all the new ponds built around indy anyone gigging?

2. I USED TO AS A KID, IN THE CREEKS AND PONDS AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD. I HAD ALOT OF FUN DOING IT TOO. MY WEAPON OF CHOICE WAS A PELLET GUN.

3. i love to gig and love to eatem. i have 3 ponds derictly behind my house and haven't heard but 1 or 2 this year. just don't think there's very many this year for some reason.

4. I haven't seen nearly as many this year as in years past...here are a few of the ones we got the other night. We didn't gig 'em; we fished for 'em.

[​IMG]

5. JL,

Have you ever caught any by hand? I have done it a few times. It is really nice because you don't have to clean them right away when you get home.

6. We fished for most of those in the light, but when it got dark, I think we ended up grabbing two or three by hand...I think those two or three jumped out of the cooler though! :banghead3

7. dad used to take us wading in some swamps up by pokagon state park,we would duct tape up our pant cuffs take lanterns & gigs used to get quite a few good eatin but the snakes at night used to freak me out havent done it in years but its an adventure you will never forget might have to introduce my son to one of those trips

8. i went last night and got 6 big ones with the gig.