Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished hard this a.m. Caught one small bass in shallow on Shad Rap..nothing else was working...finally moved to deeper water...caught a 1.8 on an Erie Darter in 18'...at least the boat was that deep...fish might have been in 8'

Wanted to stay out longer...but at 10:00 all the crazies come out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not sure what your water temperature readings on George are. The last temp readings I took Saturday were 84 to 86 degrees. That is sure to affect the bass and their location. I haven't figured it out yet. Sure hope you do.

P.S. Doesn't George have a 10 mph speed limit unitl 10:30 am? Which would have given you 30 more minutes before the crazies arrived.:bonk:

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 10-6:30....really can't complain though...It's ok to share the lake...just had problems anyway controlling the boat in the wind/waves--the crazies made it that much tougher. The boat came with a Motor Guide FW 54....real piece of junk...I thought I was getting a Minn Kota in the deal...my fault for not checking...first of all, it's not a long enough shaft...second, there's no way to tighten it so heading into the waves is a chore. I think I'll trade it out next year for a Kota.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's 10-6:30....really can't complain though...It's ok to share the lake
Guess I had it wrong. I was thinking 10:30 am to 6 pm. Had the 1/2 hour on the wrong end.:dizzy: Lavine down the street from you has the same restrictions. Some good fishing there, if you want to tow your boat a mile down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts