close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

George 7/24

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ccavacini, Jul 24, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Fished hard this a.m. Caught one small bass in shallow on Shad Rap..nothing else was working...finally moved to deeper water...caught a 1.8 on an Erie Darter in 18'...at least the boat was that deep...fish might have been in 8'

Wanted to stay out longer...but at 10:00 all the crazies come out.

2. I'm not sure what your water temperature readings on George are. The last temp readings I took Saturday were 84 to 86 degrees. That is sure to affect the bass and their location. I haven't figured it out yet. Sure hope you do.

P.S. Doesn't George have a 10 mph speed limit unitl 10:30 am? Which would have given you 30 more minutes before the crazies arrived.:bonk:

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

It's 10-6:30....really can't complain though...It's ok to share the lake...just had problems anyway controlling the boat in the wind/waves--the crazies made it that much tougher. The boat came with a Motor Guide FW 54....real piece of junk...I thought I was getting a Minn Kota in the deal...my fault for not checking...first of all, it's not a long enough shaft...second, there's no way to tighten it so heading into the waves is a chore. I think I'll trade it out next year for a Kota.

4. Guess I had it wrong. I was thinking 10:30 am to 6 pm. Had the 1/2 hour on the wrong end.:dizzy: Lavine down the street from you has the same restrictions. Some good fishing there, if you want to tow your boat a mile down the road.