close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

George--Aug. 15

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ccavacini, Aug 15, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

It's probably good squirrel season's opening up....Thought yesterday in the a.m. would be good on George....overcast...somewhat cool....worked the points real hard...it all dephs....just a few small bass.

2. George is probably just off this year. Hopefully it will pick up next year. Seems like lakes go through these cycles. Hamilton and Randall are good examples.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I don't know...I've got some time left this year...last year the boat stayed in all Sept...even though I was into bird hunting....I'm still going to crack that lake........maybe the fly rod...but, lost a great streamer Sunday to a pike...first cast....:bonk:

4. What's a streamer?

P.S. Has anyone heard from IceDude (Kevin) lately? Wonder if his computer crashed.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Streamers are weighted flys....kind of look like bass jigs but much longer and not quite as heavy...you need a heavy fly rod (I use a 9 wt.) to throw them....Throw them and strip them back...sometimes they catch fish because the fish around here never see them.

I haven't seen a post from Kevin since he posted the pictures.

I'm going to George tomorrow afternoon with a friend ( are really good fisherman) and we're going to fish hard till dark. He's been having luck with Carolina rigging so maybe we'll try that. He's put me on all the successful lures I've ever used. I'm taking a digital camera with me...hope to have some good pictures (if I remember, I'll take some pictures of of my streamers.)

6. Thanks Cary, looking forward to your report.

7. Sorry you havent been gettting anny good bass out of your lake. Dad and I fished it last week and only had 3 and 1 was legal size. did catch a nice pike tho.

Yes i did have some computer problems, i got a trojan horse virus that i needed to get rid of before i spread it to everyone else. But i'm back now.

8. Glad your back Kevin.:Welcome: