close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

George....July 16--a.m.

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ccavacini, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Weird day...started at 7....hazy and I thought it would be a good bass day...first hour and 1/2....bass 1000 (that's how many casts I made)...me 0.

Tried a worm....seinko...darter...then I caght a pike and one goggle eye.

Then, I got out my ultralite....4lb. line...Rebel tiny wee crawdad....started catching big bluegill and some small bass....none in water deeper than 5' I must have caught 30 and missed as many. (the hooks are so tiny and light, they get messed up real easy taking the gills off). When I was finished, I had one hook on the front treble...two in back. What a day:fish:

Brought in 10 nice bluegill...cleaned them (took for ever) and we're going to fry them up tonight.

Oh yeh....rained hard....like a cow peein' on a flat rock..after I cleaned the gills, it took 1/2 hour for the bilge to empty the boat...

2. I'm glad to hear you got in to some good gills out there, Were they over 10"? Where abouts did you get in to those at? The south end of the lake?

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

half were over ten...caught a huge one this a.m.....my only catch.

They were in about 4-5' of water around Brown's (castle)point (I stayed inside the Orange buoys all day). Mostly at the south end of the point. Just back and forth. I tried to stay half way between shore and the bouys and made my casts in or out...mostly in toward shore. I think anything that routinely catches gills will do. I'm sure they were in there because of the overcast. Might night be there next time...but worth a try.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Yes, we did need the rain...only, not all at once...my neighbor's rain gage measured 2 1/2 " in just a couple of hours.

5. Great catch, again. Thank you very much for the tip.