close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

George

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ccavacini, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Either I'm getting smarter or the bass are getting dumber....or maybe I'm just starting to figure Lake George out....been catching a lot of bass (no smallies yet..they are still smarter than I am) I'm sold on the wacky worm set up. Got a buddy who fishes quite a few Northeast/Northwest lakes and this is the set up he fishes with most of the time.

Zoom trick worm...nail weight...any watermelon color.

It's a great "feel" type of fishing...much different than a Texas rig because the hook's exposed. It's a lot of fun.

When I get tired of the concentration necessary for this rig, I just put on a Perch Rapala and troll....dumbproof.

Leaving for Canada tomorrow for a week's fishing....can't wait...been going on the same trip for about 25 years with the same guys...we have fun and always come back speaking to each other.

Hope I have some good stories.

Later

2. way to go on getting into those bass. the smallies on that break are in the 10-15 ft depth range, we had 3 last sunday no big ones thou. have fun in canada, bring some good fish stories.

3. Congrats on the bass. George can be a tough lake at times. I haven't fished it since last year, but plan on fishing it the 4th of July week. You had mentioned smallmouth. Below are some photos from last year on George.
    [​IMG]
    Below is a photo of a largemouth from last year.
    [​IMG]

If you are unable to find the smallies during the day. Try at night down toward the marina. Below is a night smallie taken last year.
    [​IMG]

Tight lines guys. Very nice site you have here. I've added it to the favorites list.
    Sincerely, Rick (Bigbass101)

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Great pictures...I'll also be back up over the 4th weekend. Going to keep on trying for the Smallies...what are you guys using for bait?

5. That's the funny thing about George. They seem to hit different things at different times. The larger smallmouth was caught on a small swimbait, largemouth was on a jig and pig, and the bottom smallmouth was caught on a spinnerbait. Try topwaters and single bladed spinnerbaits at night. Weightless worms are always good during the day when the sun is out. Try around the docks and weed edges.
    Good luck.

6. hi bigbass welcome to the site. We catch some of our smallies on rat-l-traps and small cranks. they really seem to like the jerk bait this year .