Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I'm getting smarter or the bass are getting dumber....or maybe I'm just starting to figure Lake George out....been catching a lot of bass (no smallies yet..they are still smarter than I am) I'm sold on the wacky worm set up. Got a buddy who fishes quite a few Northeast/Northwest lakes and this is the set up he fishes with most of the time.

Zoom trick worm...nail weight...any watermelon color.

It's a great "feel" type of fishing...much different than a Texas rig because the hook's exposed. It's a lot of fun.

When I get tired of the concentration necessary for this rig, I just put on a Perch Rapala and troll....dumbproof.

Leaving for Canada tomorrow for a week's fishing....can't wait...been going on the same trip for about 25 years with the same guys...we have fun and always come back speaking to each other.

Hope I have some good stories.

Later

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
way to go on getting into those bass. the smallies on that break are in the 10-15 ft depth range, we had 3 last sunday no big ones thou. have fun in canada, bring some good fish stories.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the bass. George can be a tough lake at times. I haven't fished it since last year, but plan on fishing it the 4th of July week. You had mentioned smallmouth. Below are some photos from last year on George.

Below is a photo of a largemouth from last year.

If you are unable to find the smallies during the day. Try at night down toward the marina. Below is a night smallie taken last year.

Tight lines guys. Very nice site you have here. I've added it to the favorites list.
Sincerely, Rick (Bigbass101)

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great pictures...I'll also be back up over the 4th weekend. Going to keep on trying for the Smallies...what are you guys using for bait?

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the funny thing about George. They seem to hit different things at different times. The larger smallmouth was caught on a small swimbait, largemouth was on a jig and pig, and the bottom smallmouth was caught on a spinnerbait. Try topwaters and single bladed spinnerbaits at night. Weightless worms are always good during the day when the sun is out. Try around the docks and weed edges.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
hi bigbass welcome to the site. We catch some of our smallies on rat-l-traps and small cranks. they really seem to like the jerk bait this year .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts