close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gettin' your wish?

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by ccavacini, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Looks like you guys are getting your wish.....it's cold out this morning, and going to get colder tonight.

2. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

It's gotta stay this way for quite some time though to cool down the water.

3. At least we have more hope now!

That snow sure made it a lot lighter out this morning. I could see clearly 75 yards at 640 and shooting time isnt supposed to be until like 7 o clock.

4. Let it freeze! Let it freeze! Let it freeze! :biggrin:

5. I don't mind the cold if it has to come, but do we really need these 20-40mph winds to go with it?

6. The cold is great, some windy days at these temps will help cool the water faster. But to make good ice that wind needs to mellow. I'm ready to shake my noodle rod and catch some bull gills and slab crappie. Come on ICE.

7. I'm happy with the drop in temps but let's be realistic. It's only mid-November and this is Indiana where we typically have to wait until Jan for good ice in many places. On the positive side, with these temps and a good cooling of the water we now have a real chance of fishing the hard water by Christmas. :) And I'd be happy with that...

8. Ponds I drive by on my way home from work had a skim of ice on them yesterday.

9. here too if it stays like this i'll be on a little pay lake in a week or 2

10. Some ponds are skimmed in Lagrange county too:yikes:

11. My Buddy who lives on Little Chapman had his channel skimmed over this morning... Woo Woo!:bouncy: