close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting rid of Pit Bulls

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by ccavacini, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2005
  2. That's interesting. I love most dogs, but I do think a city has an obligation to protect its citizens whenever possible. I guess the question would be: if one or two dogs are bad, does that mean their entire breed is bad. Obviously not, but more than half of all dog-related deaths in the US each year involve two breeds: Pit bulls and Rottweilers. It does not seem unreasonable for a city to restrict the kind of animals its citizens choose to own. Pet owners need to be selective about the pets they own, and even though there are probably lots of exceptions to the "mean breed" reputation these dogs bear, statistically they have earned the reputation. I agree with the City of Denver; prevention is preferable to regret.

3. And you talk about mean breeds, what about the geese in Indiana? When are we going to get rid of those crappy things? They attack our children and our pets. They crap all over and spoil our lakes and rivers with nitrate deposits that kill off our fish. What good are they? Their meat is greasy and leathery. Why of why did anyone think it was a good idea to bring those puddlers back from the brink of extinction?

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I agree...the only way I can eat the meat is to make Goose jerky out of it.

p.s. Swans are nastier....on Lake George, they attack jet skiers......wait a minute...that's not a bad idea:bonk:

5. MORE SWANS

MORE SWANS

MORE SWANS