close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ghost Deer

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by LoveHunting, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I'm actually looking forward to hunting when some of the foliage gets off the trees. Last weekend I saw three deer one Saturday morning but none of them for more than 10 seconds. It's like they disappear when the foliage is on. 10 years of hunting and still amazes me how it's now you see them now you don't.

2. Blows my mind every time I see it. You're following them with your eyes while they walk by, soon as they stop moving they just dissolve, gone. Look long enough, twitch of a tail or ear, there they are. Movement stops, gone again.
    Evil deer spirits, that's how I explain it.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I think they're just getting ready for Halloween.

4. Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering about laying down a trail of candy corn to my stand in the morning.

5. excellent

that just may work...they probably would follow it. :evil: wish i could go in the morning, but duty calls at Purdue of course

6. the funny thing is when your not watching and out of no where there is one standing 15 yards from you.

7. no joke

Deer always seem to come around when you're doing something other than watching for them...or come from where you're not expecting them. They always come when i'm getting down out of my tree. Another thing I love is when I turn my head one way and look back and they're right under my tree. Especially when it's windy and wet.