close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Lakes for Ice Fishing in SE Indiana

Discussion in 'Southeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by Beagleman_Dan, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Hey folks, what lakes in the SE part of the state freeze up good enough for decent ice fishing? I live near Batesville, and fish the reservoir from time to time. What about Brookville Lake, does it ever freeze up good enough to safely fish it? If so, where?
    -Dan- ;)

2. I can't say I ever saw it frozen. Maybe it is because the river runs through it and they let it spill over all winter. It may freeze in the bays. I would look at the Garr Hill Inlet. Also, if you fish moving water, it is usually good fishing below the dam.

3. The only places Brookville freezes is in the smaller coves and toward the back of the larger ones. There are running creeks going into the lake everywhere so the water really never stays still enough to freeze. I'm down there a lot during the winter months hunting and have never seen the coves froze out to the main lake.