close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good News for Southeast Indiana Sportsmen!

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by goggleye57, May 23, 2005.

1. NATURAL RESOURCES

State reaches deal to buy Greene marsh

Associated Press

LINTON -- State officials have reached a deal to buy more than 12 square miles of Southern Indiana marshland after years of negotiations for the property. The state Department of Natural Resources has signed a letter of intent to buy the nearly 8,000 acres that make up the Goose Pond and Bee Hunter Marsh in Greene County for about $8 million, agency Director Kyle Hupfer said yesterday. The land, about 30 miles south of Terre Haute, is owned by Maurice Wilder of Clearwater, Fla.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050518/NEWS02/505180425/1025/NEWS02

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I saw that...Greene county is real close to where we go quail hunting down south...lots of wild territory.

3. Yeah it is open. It's been open for a while. Hunterdan, you acted like you that was new or something. You have been out there with me a few times. Remember, we signed in out there at the last of yote season? They are still working on a lot of it, but it is open. All you have to do is sign in. There are 2 different spots. Any questions, get with me. I live within 10 minutes of it.