Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on the ice! After the 2nd try! 1st try went to a channel on Cree Lake. Got both feet wet:( Soft spot on the shoreline. Went home and put on some dry stuff. Went to the South bay of Big Turkey Lake. 3-4 inches of good ice. Didn't do all that great - 4 big crappies and 4 or 5 bluegills. But I did get to go fishing. Saw a cool sight - 2 big otters running across the ice. First time I have seen otters in Indiana.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Near Stroh. You would go East down US 20 about 13-14 miles west of Lagrange and turn south at the Prairie Heights High School. Go several miles south to Stroh. Lake is on the left.On the Lagrange/Steuben county line. If you would turn south at the school and turn right on 100 South you would come to Appleman Lake. Another good spot with a public access.

·
Administrator
3,964 Posts
Glad to hear you folks in Indiana are starting to get good ice as well. Got out for just the second time this year myself today.

·
Administrator
3,964 Posts
I use a FL-18. Just got it this year and love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good for you, not much good ice this way yet. All the talk about the vex's is making my wallet ache. good thing I only ice fish a few times a year or I would have to be buying ice fishing toys, I mean gear. :tongue:

bill

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an old fl 8, not much newer than they used to put the hondex labels on them. I'd like to think about an fl 18 but I have two kids in college. No money:( I don't even want to look at them close up! But my old vexilar still does the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts