close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grant Woods Seminar (Front Page News)

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by JL, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Dr. Grant Woods seminar on July 28th at Mt. Vernon High School
    This is another heads up to everyone for the upcoming seminar at Mt. Vernon High School's Auditorium at Fortville, Indiana.

The Indiana Chapter of Quaility Deer Management is sponsoring a seminar by nationally acclaimed and foremost Whitetail Deer Biologist, Dr. Grant Woods. Dr. Woods will be speaking about the One Buck Rule, Antler Restrictions, shorter or late firearms seasons, and Hunter Education in deer biology. Also, learn about deer biology, deer behavior, habitat, and herd dynamics.

The Location is Mt. Vernon H.S. Auditorium in Fortville, Indiana. Fortville is just north and east of Indy a little ways.

1776 W. St. Rd. 234
    Fortville, Indiana 46040

Doors open at 6:00 P.M.; seminar begins at 6:30
    Cost: Adults $10; kids free

This is an excellent opportunity to hear what a professional Deer Biologist has to say about deer management in Indiana. Also, groups such as the Indiana Deer Hunter's Association, Hoosier Record Buck Program, etc. will have members in attendance. This is a very important seminar so everyone please join us and tell all your hunting friends to attend.

This information provided by Dean Weimer.

Lets see a show of hands for those who would like to meet up and attend.

How about this, Brew?!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2006

2. Let keep this on the front page gang and then lets all go down and shown them our support for the OBR.

3. 4 days to go!

Anyone need a lift down there? Chime in quick so we can work out the details!!
    I'm looking forward to gathering with everyone again.
    Dean, bring your sunglasses, sounds like a night to bring out the SHIRT again.

4. anyone from the NW corner headed to it?? If you are what time are you all leaving??

5. idea

Does anyone know if it is being video recorded? If not, maybe he would let one of us set up a camcorder on a tripod. It would be neat to send Kyle Hupfer a copy to watch.

Eric

6. Eric, I talked to Tom James today and he suggested maybe doing this also. Not only for IDNR folks, but also folks who couldn't maybe attend.

7. No, Quail, not THE SHIRT.......We want Grant to come back and visit us again sometime. I currently have no other riders, but I might have by weeks' end. I'm afraid that if I ride with you Bird that it could turn into:bash:. Me on the right in the back seat....I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday evening.

8. I'll be there with a few hunting buddies...

9. Hey dean you and JL could ride with quail and I. JL and I will set in the back seat so if you and quail get out of hand we can give you a little tap on the back of the head.

10. I'll be there......

:evilsmile >>>>>>jbwhttail the Darth Vader of deer hunting will be present. I invited CNS and even offered to pay for all his expenses. Must be like a blind date, rather keep the situation "in hand".

I know our State Deer Biologist was also offered a free ticket to the seminar....... he declined........

11. 410

410, when and where do you wish to meet up? I'll try to leave Warsaw about 2:30-3:00PM, it's hard to say for sure on a Friday. Want to meet at the church like normal?

12. I'll see you there Lord Vader......

13. Keep me posted fellas....I may ride along with you if you don't mind.

14. Fine by me, the more the merrier. Does Bill have your cell number?