close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great News...Great Day

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by anon782010, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Went out at sunrise today to scout the recently acquired turkey hunting ground. Heard some fly down inside 500 yards away, and after driving the block, found where I think they are roosting.

Saw two good lookin deer while out also, and on the way home, saw 8 more around that property. (Too bad I don't have deer permission there!)

But, when I got home, there were 10 deer feeding and moving around my home ground, where I actually can hunt them!

Beautiful morning out there, and the turkeys sounded fairly close. Can't wait. I'm getting really psyched about this whole thing.:biggrin:

2. That is awesome.

Best thing you can do is watch those birds from a distance the next couple days and pattern them. Then set up on them next week and wait them out. Patience is often the key to successful turkey hunting.

3. I didn't see any this morning, just heard them coming out of the trees. But they don't have far they can go without in the other direction without crossing a fairly busy road, so I am fairly confident they come down into the small valley I will be hunting in to feed in the VAST hay fields that are there. Judging from how loud they were coming out of the trees this morning, I am WELL within calling distance. I plan on going again tomorrow to listen for them, and get my exact location set for where I am going to sit...

4. Need me to come call for you Trent? The Stallion can do that too! ;)

Good luck on sealing the deal next week!

5. Good luck and get on em. Sounds like you have a good place to hunt there.

Ed

6. sounds good marshal!!!

good luck

7. Go get em' Trent and good luck..........hope to see some pics next week.

8. Good Luck Trent, we wanna see the pics next week!