close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Walleye outing!

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by goggleye57, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Went to Oregon, Ohio yesterday and went walleye fishing with some buddies on Lake Erie. Used Room For More Charters and had a great time, Captain Ken and the mate Chris did a great job for us. We all caught a limit, some were 4-5 pounders. We trolled spoons to catch all of them. Didn't really seem like fishing, more like just catching but it was fun:)
    [​IMG]
    The picture isn ours:redface: I forgot my digital and one of the other guys brought one and his batteries were dead. These fish are pretty much like the ones we caught. Their web site it www.roomformorecharters.com.​

2. wtg sounds like you had a good time. to bad you forgot your cam. did you hook into any smallies or perch while you where trolling? once agaiin way to go

3. If you ever get a chance, try Erie night fishing. Its a blast catching them while casting crank baits. A buddy and I caught over 150 one night. Most were over 5 lbs. Not many people fish Erie during the night time.

4. Nice! So when are you having us all over for a fish fry? :biggrin:

5. We also caught white bass, sheepshead and a few yellow perch. The guides weren't too crazy about keeping the others, but I didn't want to make deal of it, I was a guest of one of the guys. One sheepshead I caught went about 10 lbs - it fought twice as much as any other fish we caught. I would have eaten any of them. I never met a fish I didn't like:corkysm55 Bestshot - next time you need a night fisherman let me know!:)

6. Would love to show you how we did it goggleye57, but I don't take my small boat out on Erie. A member of my website has a nice big 20' lund. I always go with him. One of these days, I hope to purchase a boat just for fishing Erie waters.