close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ground Hunting

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by coonslayer21, Sep 1, 2006.

1. How many of ya'll hunt from the ground, instead of treestands?

2. It depends! Just bought a new Summit Viper so I will continue to mostly hunt out of a tree, but I also have several blinds as well, especially in the pine thickets I hunt!

3. My dad hunts from the ground most of the time 90%+.

I almost always hunt from a tree. At the old property I bowhunted from a tree and gun hunted from the ground. Now its 90% from a tree with bow and 75% from a tree with gun at the new property.

4. I do sometimes. I like to take my girls out in my Double Bull blind and hunt.

Sometimes I like to hunt out of the blind when it is bitter cold out too. Keeps the wind off and it is easier to stay warm.

I mix it up the rest of the year. Stands, spot and stalk, still hunt. Whatever it takes. I've lost track of the number of does I've shot once I've spotted them from a tree stand moving away from me, so I've gotten down and circled around to ambush them from the ground. Fun stuff there.:)

5. I PREFER TO HUNT FROM A TREE. I WILL SIT ON THE GROUND IF I CAN SIT ON A HILLSIDE OVERLOOKING A LARGE VALLEY, AND THEN ONLY WITH A GUN. I ALWAYS BOWHUNT FROM A TREE. I JUST FEEL MORE CONFIDENT BEING UP IN THE AIR, PLUS YOU CAN SEE MUCH FARTHER.

6. I hunt 50-50 from the ground or a tree.