close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Dogs

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by ccavacini, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Sure would like to find out what kind of gun dogs upland hunters have in Indiana.

I have a Brittany, and hunt with friends who have a shorthair and a pointing lab.

2. I have a Brit also. But my first love is my Springer. She gets the main workout around home for pheasant and the Brit does more time in MI for grouse. Lost my old Springer year and a half ago, and this one isn't her match in the field but she sure is fun.

3. Dog Variety

My dog affectionatly refered to as wondermutt is 1/2 weimaraner and 1/2 english pointer. Good combination, she hunts great. Everyone has a favorite breed. I just have a dog thats my favorite, If the dog does what you need it to thats all that matters.
    Jeff

4. Let's make it a threesome - Brittany for me also, His name is Elliot (Centerridge's Ringneck Ripper JH)

(Second Place - Adult Pointing Dog Division - Season Invitational Championship)

[​IMG]

5. My first real bird dog was a Brit (died last year at the good age of 14) - still have a 6 year old female. Also have to male English Pointers, one is 2 yrs and the other 3 yrs - love their intensity and stamina - my Brit sits in the front seat though...

6. Nothing like a Brit in the field and in the house.. ;)

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Noticed your Britt came out of Center Ridge Kennels. I was seriously thinking about getting a new put from them next spring...but, I ended up putting a deposit down on a pup from Maple River Brittanys out of Storm Lake, Iowa. Heard good things about both places