close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gundog Transport?

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by itsmyturtle, Jan 9, 2006.

1. I bought an English Setter from a gentleman from Michigan. He is taking 2 other pups to Kentucky and will be dropping mine off at relitives in South Bend on the 25th of Jan. Is there anyone going west on or after the 25th? I live between Omaha and Sioux City, Iowa and am trying to cut down my driving time.
    Very much appreciated,
    itsmyturtle

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Good luck...I'll be in a similar situation late spring as I'm getting a Brittany pup from Maple River in Storm Lake, Iowa....too bad the timing's off.

Hope you find someone heading your way.

Cary

3. Is there any one thing better than new gundog pups? All the high hopes, I think we can see them develope in our minds before we get them, then watch as they grow into the modle we've created for them.

My pup ended up having surgery for a tumor and has missed the last weeks of the season while he's been healing. That wasn't in my plans for his first season in the field, but then nothing goes to plan. The dogs still some way end up being more than we hoped for.

4. ccavacinni,
    I'm 40 minutes drive from Storm Lake... give me a shout in the spring..
    You never know what situation will bring then....

thanks all
    itsmyturtle

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Thanks...looking forward to the trip.