close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hang on Stand

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Tine Lock, Nov 17, 2006.

1. I am planning on buying a new light hang on stand for the late season. I want it to be as light as possible without sacrificing quality or deck size. I also want to pay around 150 or less. I have been looking myself and I like the Summit Deer Deck Lite, or the API outdoors Grandstand Master Fixed Position Tree Stands. I wanted to know if anyone has tried these stands and what they think of them. Also are there any other stands that I should be looking at that meet my standards?

2. Bought a Baby Kong a few years ago, it's easy to hang and it's light and sturdy. The only thing I don't like is the platform size, it's too small. The next hang on I buy will have a larger platform.

3. i bought a hang on this year and like hunting from it. rural king 79.00 but then another 50.00 for climbing sticks. i like it much better than ladder stand i have. the hang on has a foot rest, big platform. just heavy. took me 2 hrs. to get it up. i have a summit climber and if their hang ons are any thing like their climbers you can't go wrong.

4. Ya lone wolf has really nice hang ons, but im looking for something less expensive

5. Go with some form of climbing sticks instead of steps whenever possible....a lot less work. Just strap them to your treestand with a bungy cord to carry them.