close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hawks

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Hetch Muncy, Apr 19, 2007.

1. A couple of years ago I was sitting in my blind when I heard a thump and I looked up there was a hawk on top of my hen decoy:yikes: Has this happen to any of you all?

2. Nope. Only thing that's ever happened to one of my decoys, was another hunter leveling his gun on them ... POINTED MY DIRECTION!:yikes:

3. Did you shoot back? If the other hunter thought he could get within 100 yards of a turkey without it running off, then he does'nt belong in the woods!:bash:

4. I had a decoy get flattened by one scrawny looking coyote. He hit it at full speed and didnt slow down till he ran into a load of pellets out of a 20 gauge.

5. Never turkey hunting, but I once had a screech owl land on my arrow while deer hunting. He didn't stay long!

6. He never pulled the trigger. He came out around a brush pile, saw the decoys, and leveled his gun. I started yelling and he lowered his gun and literally took off running. The decoys were well on my property, if they had been real birds and he would have shot, he would have been shooting birds off of property he had permission for. What an idiot.

7. Anyone ever had fox run in to calls or decoys...???

8. Has he ever came back?.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007