close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HB1022 - The "new" AW ban that BANS EVERYTHING (including, technically, Muzzies)

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by Old Ironsights, Feb 23, 2007.

1. http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/bills.text/110/h/h1022.pdf

When discussing this bill, don't focus on the listof "black guns" at the top. Below is the important bit. Look at the wording. That "OR" is there for a reason - it bans almost EVERYTHING. My comments in parens & ital.)

`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm (a firearm. Meaning ANY firearm) based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency (tell me what gun except maybe the 10-22 is not based upon a design "procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency") is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

This one takes them ALL boys. :yikes: :banghead3

2. sounds to me that anything with a pistol grip is about to be confiscated...

3. Pistol grip? Try anything that shoots. The number of firearms that are not "based upon" "a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency" is vanishingly small.

No traditional sidelock Muzzy is safe. You could maybe make a case for the new inlines and Contenders/Encores. All Leverguns are basedupon the Henry, which was used by the North during the Civil War. Ditto all revolvers. And all Bolt Guns. And all Pump Guns. And almost all Semi Auto Handguns. Over/Under shotties might be safe.

This one is SERIOUS.

4. watch out the world is imploding.. It will never happen.

5. Sky is falling, better duck!

I agree this is a scary proposal, but it will never fly ... after all, we have the NRA right?:chillin:

Sorry, that was uncalled for. But honestly this won't fly. I hate the liberals as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to be a doomsday-ist.

6. Perhaps, but if it isn't fought, and fought with vigour, it CAN (might,may, whatever) pass. The last one did, and this wording is very sneakily laid deep in the document.

It's all about "interpretation", and we KNOW these people can't "interpret" the clear wording of the 2nd Amendment without trying to ban guns...

Sad thing is, when this was being discussed as the old AWB sunset a couple years ago, President Bush specifically said that if congress had sent him a renewed AWB he WOULD sign the bill and not veto it. Yippee Skippy - our Republican controlled white house don't help for shinola. At least the Libertarian party had the cajones to publicly call for President Clinton's impeachment for violation of his oath to uphold the constitution when he signed the original AWB....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  7. FWIW, TGSCOM (one of my GLOCK parts suppliers...) thinks it's fairly important:

Reply by: Dave on 2/23/2007 10:50:59 AM

We appreciate your comments greatly. We also have seen this but want people to read and discover themselves.

When the time comes, we will launch in full the consequences of this arbitrary discretion of the AG.

Best Regards,

Thank you for contacting us and have a great day!

Dave Raymond
    Manager
    TGSCOM,Inc
    Where the Second Amendment Comes First
    Order toll free: 1-866-456-2522

8. Somthing more to consider:

From my experiences fighting I-676, the "Safe Gun Storage" law in Washington State, the ONLY reason we ended up winning that was because 2 or 3 attorney-types found sneaky language buried in the bill that gave the State Police the "right" to do no-knock "safety inspections" to insure your guns were locked up "properly"

Until that was widely dissemenated, the thing stood a goos chance of passing, despite being opposed by the State and local Police.

It won't be a "never happen" until it's been dropped by the Judiciary committee or voted down in the House.