close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello All

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Dutch, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Hello, I think it's great to have a source for us Hoosiers to discuss the outdoors activities here in Indiana. I'm a life long hunter and just started hunting deer with a handgun this year.

2. Welcome - we can always use some more White county outdoorsmen! :)

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Welcome to the site....how close to a deer do you have to get to be able to use a hand gun?

4. I was very lucky, 60 yards.

5. Dutch, welcome to the site. Lots of great people here.

MIDH

6. Thanks All - I'm glad I came accross the IndianaSportsman.

7. I hit a deer with a 44 Mag at 5 yards, deer died instantly. I tried out a 454 Cas. at the range one day...wow, that gun shook my soul and made me want to cry. A 454 has more knock down power at 100 yards than a 44 Mag does at the muzzle. But a 44 wont give you nightmares, lol

8. Welcome to the site Dutch. I have often said that I wanted to hunt Deer with a handgun, but I have never followed through. Let me know how it goes/went. I look forward to it.

WAR

9. I've deer hunted with a muzzle loader for the last several years and thought I would try something different this year. A buddy and I are planning to go on a hog handgun hunt this spring and I decided to first try my hand at hunting deer first. As I said before I got lucky with my 30-30 Contender. Handgun hunting is a new challenge and another excuse to buy more stuff.

10. Dutch...My brother and I have been talking about going wild boar hunting with our bows. Where are you going to hunt for them? I've done some research and talked to a few people about where to go but still haven't decided.

treehugger