close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by DEC, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Hey guys and gals. New to this forum. I'm a member of several others, so some of you may know me already.

I can't get enough of hunting, so I had to come over here and see what fun was being discussed.

Sept 1 is not far away and I'm ready to slaughter some geese!:coolgleam

2. There you are, Dec...welcome to IS.

3. Howdy! Keep us posted with your hunting and fishing adventures!

4. do you ever feel like you are butting heads over at the "other" sight? No matter how many points you make they keep seeing it their way only. Its like they have blinders on? Granted Im arguing my point over there as well, but I clearly see the faults and errors in their thinking how do they not see it themselves and construct some better arguments instead of continually reverting to the typical

1) loss of opportunity
    2) loss of revenue
    3) the age structure was moving before OBR
    4) i like the challenge of hunting two bucks???

5. :Welcome: :woohoo1: to the forum:fish:

6. Hi DEC, I noticed you challenged Woody on the other site. How dare you challenge an "expert".....LOL!!!!

Hey, just 'cause some people are clueless doesn't mean we all have to be. I like how CutNRun condescended to you though. You are among friends here. I noticed you're from Angola. Did you go to AHS??

I'll touch on something here...

1) Yes, the age structure of bucks did start to slightly improve prior to OBR. It's real easy why....The doe system was opened up in the mid-1990s, and for the first time ever people started to hammer away at does. This is a well known means of driving up the age structure of bucks. It's pretty simple, common sense stuff...no need for stupid biased graphs. 3rd graders are more adept at modern mature buck management than Woody is...

Any REAL whitetail biologist will tell you that the fastest way to jump start an increase in age structure of bucks is to SHOOT MORE DOES!!! This is so elementary that it is silly. How Woody has gotten people to buy into his lamo graphs and ideas is beyond me....Shoot more does+let young bucks walk= more mature bucks and a better, more balanced sex/age structure. It's real simple stuff. The One Buck Rule actually is just icing on the cake...

Welcome. Join the fray.....

The One Buck Rule is the best thing to ever happen to deer management in Indiana...period. Just because uneducated people feel otherwise points to their, well....uneducation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006
  7. Since Dean wrote you a letter I will just say welcome.

8. welcome to the site,obr is the only way;)

9. Yea, Dean, I went to AHS. I've lived in Angola my entire life except for while at Purdue and for a couple years I lived outside of Auburn.

As for the "other" site and Woody. I WILL NOT bash on either. I have a lot of respect for him and I enjoy his site. We may disagree on topics, but it's no skin off my nose.

Looking forward to participating in some good hunting discussions over here.

10. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Good to have you with us.

Cary

11. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, PURDUE!you have made the deans list already on this site

12. Yeah, DEC I understand about the bashing. We've went 'round and 'round with him on this site, so there is some experience here. Good to see you're a Boilermaker!!!!! Have fun....

13. Boiler, but I married an I.U. grad. Fortunately, neither of us are big basketball or football followers so there is little to debate on the issue. Besides after 12 years of marrage, what would be the point?

I've been around the H.H. board, and the old sportsmen board, along with H.I. board for long enough to know most of the personalities. I know who is gas and who is fire. Needless to say, they don't mix well. Many of them are very bull headed about certain issues, so pointing fingers at one person is not very fair in my opinion. Everyone has their strengths in what they can offer to a hunting discussion and everyone is passionate about one or two topics. It would really suck if we all agreed on everything.

I get tired of the debating after a while.:banghead3 :bash: :bonk:

I'm just ready for Sept. 1. Geese are flying again and it has my trigger finger a little itchy.:biggrin: