close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Steve McKamey, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Brand new to the site! Amateur fisherman looking for a few good tips for Mississinewa Reservoir and Lake Manitou. I usually fish for anything that bites, but I'd like to know how to get some bass. I most often fish from shore, but sometimes from a kayak in Lake Manitou. Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks :biggrin:

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Welcome, there's some real pros on this site that can help.....but unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

3. When I lived in Central Indiana I used to fish the spillway below Missisenewa. Lots of catfish and crappies. I also caught some nice cats off the shore fishing near the Francis Slocum picnic area in the lake itself.:)

4. I fished Mississinewa last week. If you take a kayak out, you'd better get there early or late in the day or after Labor Day when the PB's go back into their holes; the wake will deep six you. Last week was the first time I fished that lake in years. I stayed near the dam. If the wake is not bad it would be a good place for a kayak. I got about 20 warmouths, 1 keeper LMB, 1 fine cat of the channel variety and a few good-sized white bass that I picked up trolling. Never left the immediate area of the dam. I understand the fishing is good there for crappie, too. If you try that, go the the Lost Bridge ramp area and take a hike to the north. There ought to be good trails. That'll take you to some stick-up areas that hold good crappie populations.

Good Luck!