close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High fence /canned hunting bill

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by goggleye57, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Bill to spare high-fence hunting sure to draw fire

Will Higgins, Indianapolis Star

INDIANAPOLIS - The controversial practice of hunting deer in high-fence preserves, set to be banned this March in Indiana, would survive under a proposal that gets its first hearing today. The bill in the Indiana General Assembly is certain to be contentious. By one measure, hunting animals on private, fenced-in preserves -- "high-fence hunting" if you're in favor, "canned hunting" if you're against -- is a small matter. There are only 10 such preserves in Indiana. But Rep. Bill Friend, R-Macy, who in the past has sponsored pro-hunting preserve bills, said no other issue evokes such emotion. To proponents, high-fence hunting is economic development, free enterprise. To opponents, the practice is sick and unacceptable and could cause the spread of disease.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060118/NEWS02/601180441/1006/NEWS01

2. Hb1349

I just got done emailing my rep requesting she vote no on the above bill. I asked her to reply to my request and let me know in advance how she plans to vote. Other message boards are going to try and track votes in advance. I would suggest we start a seperate thread to do the same.

Oldrookie:bonk:

3. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

man i will tell you i live down the raod from that guy he once told me and friend we didn't have permission to hunt the property we were hunting and it wasn't his. We were tracking a deer my friend shot. he said we didn't pay to hunt on the land. I hope to vote against him