close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hogzilla

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by ccavacini, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Now, would this send you running in the opposite direction?[​IMG]

2. Jean shorts are so 90's.

3. Looks like the shotgun totin' guy from Deliverance, he would send me running.
    Nice pig, but I'd have to pass on the shot, my freezer isn't that big.

4. I'm with quail on this one...
    my wife would string ME up by my rears if she had to help butcher something that big...
    also all of my jean shorts have holes in em so I wouldn't have the proper "Huge Hog" field dressing gear...I hate being under-geared...dangit...:banghead3

5. I sincerely hope that feral hogs don't take hold here in Indiana...i know that is like spitting in the wind, but i don't want those little bulldozers running around the woods.

Anyone else?

6. hey 410 there is a year supply of mountain oysters

7. Feral Hogs have taken ahold here in Indiana! 11 southern counties report major problems w/ them........ DAMN Great pig!!!!

8. Hadn't heard it to that extent, don't know anybody down there...

Hate to see 'em move north...

Love to see a few in Carmel though!! HAHA :biggrin: :evilsmile

9. Hope they make it to Vermillion County.They are fun to hunt and good eating.

10. I never knew about them eaither. I was planning a trip to hunt them in Tenn.
    When a friend told me about them here in Indiana. I did some reserch and found out 11 counties are haveing problems w/ them. I went so far as to try and get permission to hunt them on Pvt. land. But I guess a few years ago it was published in a Natl. Mag. it was a circus down there and people tore up a bunch of things so now its hard to get permission. The DNR wants them totaly annialated because they are not native to the state. The pigs are a real problem, they are tearing the place apart down there. I will be getting a chance to hunt them soon....... I finnaly met someone who has them on there property.

11. I cant see the pic, but is this the 1100 pound hog from Alabama or somewhere down there?

12. That picture has floated around on the internet for a couple years. Can't remember the story.

As for hunting them in Indiana ... can't do it. Last summers new rules prohibit us as hunters from shooting exotics, including hogs. A stupid rule if you ask me.

13. Terrible law...DNR won't piss on a fire to put it out, and handcuffs the public to try to stop it before it gets too large to be uncontrollable.

twenty dollars says when hogs have taken over the entire state they will somehow find a way to blame hunters.